Tuesday 16 April 2013

REVIEW and SWATCHES - Maybelline Vivid Lipstick - Neon Red

Hullo Ladies, 

I heard about the Maybelline Vivid collection a few weeks ago and instantly knew I needed to see them up close. 

A collection of bright, in your face, lipsticks? Of course I needed to have a look see. 


I have to say I was very jealous to hear that the UK only had five of the ten lipsticks...but anything's better than nothing I guess. I can only hope that Maybelline will be releasing the other five over here soon. 

So last week I stopped in Boot's and after picking up the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation I also picked up two of the Vivid's -  Neon Red and Fuschia Flash. 

I love the packaging, it's bright and easy to find in a big makeup collection. Especially if your collection is far from organised...like mine :-) 



Both Neon Red and Fuschia Flash have been mentioned to be dupes for MAC lipsticks. Neon Red is apparently a good dupe for MAC's Lady Danger. As I don't own Lady Danger I can't tell you if I believe it to be a possible dupe or not. 


I do know that they are both orange toned reds. 

At first I was worried that an orange toned red wouldn't suit me, as I've always worn blue toned reds, but I'm really loving it and have to say I've been wearing it nearly everyday since I bought it. It looks stunning with just a good foundation, a subtle blush, some eyeliner and a mascara. 


This shows you how orange toned the lipstick really is, I'm in love with how bright it is. 

It gives you some shine and has amazing pigmentation. 

The lasting power is quite good too, last's just as long on my lips as my higher end lippy's maybe two hours before I feel the need to reapply. All according on how much I've eaten or drunk. 


In the pictures you can see the I have dry lips and although in the pictures it looks like the lipstick made them noticable, I have to say I haven't noticed that with this one. Not by just looking in the mirror anyway. If you are worried though a quick slick of lip balm will sort that out. 

I'm in love with this collection and I think they will be a big hit come Summer.

I'm already drooling over Electric Orange and Hot Plum.

Have you tried the Vivid's Collection yet?

Which one is your favourite?

Linzi xxx

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE that color...the orange undertone is so pretty!!! Perfect for the summer :)

    I'll be looking for this the next time I'm shopping!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh! I bet it would look stunning on you hun :-) Can't wait to see if you get it!

      Delete
  2. I was hopping we get the purple blaze but nop. They came out with limited edition shades in the US too :) Neon red is gorgeous. My favourite from the collection has to be fuchsia flash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand why they don't just bring the whole collection over! I love Fuchsia Flash too hun :-) It's a real Barbie pink! Reminds me of the fake lipstick we're given as children so we can pretend we're wearing makeup! hehehe x

      Delete