Thursday 3 May 2012

The Body Shop Born Lippy Sticks VS Burt's Bees Lip Balm


Hey ladies, hope your all doing well and looking forward to the weekend! 

I'm going to do something different today, I'm going to put two different lip balms# against each other and talk about their differences and which one I find the best. 

I am going to review The Body Shops Pomegranate lip balm against Burt's Bees Mango Butter lip balm.





So lately I have acquired a lot of The Body Shop lip balms, basically because a few months ago The Body Shop was a small obsession of mine *sometimes I just get addicted a certain brand* and I ended up with six different kinds of lip care products from them. All where relatively good, some better than others.
 *Cough Cough - Lip Butters! ;-p*

These are the new Born Lippy Lip Balm sticks that The Body Shop brought out not so long, ago. 

They all have amazing and unique packaging, every lip balm has a different colour/pattern to it, usually connecting to the scent of the lip balm. 

As you can see, there's a slight tint to The Body Shop lip balm but nothing that really going to change the colour on your lips. 

Sadly I'm not a big fan off these, the smell is quite medicinal to me,  like I'm chewing on a cough drop or something, I had the same problem with Carmex's Cherry :-(  I also don't love the feel of it in my lips, its quite waxy and I don't find that it sinks into my lips. Just stays there until wiped off. 

Another thing is that they are not very sturdy and don't stay in place once you have wound them up and when you put pressure on them they wind back down so you have to hold them in place when applying to your lips... which can be a bit of a hassle. :-(

It does the job but I have many others that are better so I doubt I would buy again.

You receive 5g of product and on The Body Shop website they are  usually £3 but are on offer at the moment :-) 






Another brand I'm obsessed with recently is Burt's Bees, I bought some of their lip shimmers and couldn't believe the difference they made to my dry lips and decided to try the brands lip balms which I had heard so much about. 

I'm very glad I did because this is probably my favorite balm of all time and I've tried many! 

The package isn't too unique but yet very recognizable as a Burt's Bees product. 

I  really like the smell, It's just a light fruity scent. This is not tinted, so great if you want to wear under your favorite lipstick. 

I love the texture of this and find that it sinks into my lips quickly and instantly soothes them. 

I will be buying some more of these when I have the chance and can't wait to see the difference in them :-) 


You receive 4.25g of product and on the Burt's Bees website they cost £3.69 although I bought mine from Amazon at a cheaper price. 




Marks out of 10

The Body Shop 5/10
Burt's Bees 9/10

Hope this helped in some way to all you Lip Balm Lovers :-) 

Thanks Linzi xx





2 comments:

  1. I need a new balm, usually use Maybelline Babylips but it's not keeping me moisturied enough as we come into cooler temps...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then I would go for the Burt's Bees hun! It's been brilliant for my lips the last few weeks! Thanks for the follow, I have followed back :-)

      Delete