Saturday 15 September 2012

REVIEW - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Foundation

Hullo Lovely Readers :-) 

I'm reviewing my absolute favourite foundation today, its the very famous Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation.

This is my "Special" foundation, the one that's way out of my price range so I only wear it for nights out and special occasions. Any one else have those?? 


Here is what the UK Estee Lauder Website say about this foundation - "This worry-free, long wearing foundation makeup stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity and non stop activity. Wont change colour, smudge or come off on clothes. Feels lightweight and comfortable. Now the flawless look you see in the morning is the look you keep all day."


What I think about this foundation - 

The has amazing flawless coverage that is very buildable, allowing you to go from medium to full coverage very easily without it giving you a cakey look. 

I wouldn't say this gives you a "natural look" because basically it would be hard to find a foundation with this amount of coverage that does, although it does give you a "my makeup is at it's best" look. 

When I bought this the MUA told me it was a matte finish, I wasn't really interested at the time because I was so excited to have it. I would agree but if I'm wanting a more dewy finish then its easy to create by putting my Laura Geller Spackle Primer in Champagne on before I apply. 



The lasting power on this foundation is amazing, you can put it on in the morning and it looks no different by six in the afternoon! 

The one thing I didn't like is that I had to purchase a pump for it, the MAC pump fits it which is what I use :-) 


"Estee Lauder Double Wear in Fresco with 17's Foundation in Ivory"

I bought this in Spain last year on holiday, so at the time I had a lot more colour, which is why the MUA matched me to 2N2 Fresco, I would say this is a good match for me because its perfect for summer and in the winter when I need it to be lighter I just add a pale foundation.


I make sure I use a good makeup remover when I use this as it's quite stubborn due to it's lasting power :-) 

I would suggest going to a counter to get colour matched as the shade range can be a tad confusing...especially to me!! 

I have quite dry skin but find this easy to wear by using a moisturizer under it!

The one thing a lot of people comment on but because I have very pale skin I haven't noticed is that because It has SPF 10 you can get flashback when taken photos which can make you look pale. 

It is an expensive foundation and it's something that I think a lot about before repurchasing, 

It's priced at £27.50 on the Estee Lauder Website 

Every so often Debenham's have 10% off, which is happening right now so go take a look! 

As I'm running real low on this foundation I'm hoping to have it for my birthday! 

Have you tried this foundation? Love it or hate? 

Linzi xxx










3 comments:

  1. I might have to try this. I have really oily skin and I've only tried out dewy foundations! I'm only worried about removal...I like for my foundation to just wash right off or I'll probably end up sleeping with some still on my face :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should hun! I'm in love with it :-) I find that an oil based makeup remover gets it off great! xx

      Delete
  2. Ohhh that's great to know tht it works on lots of skin types hun! I'll go take a look now! I really want to try the other foundations in the range, I've heard a lot about the maximum coverage one too!

    ReplyDelete