Thursday 11 October 2012

Eau My Giddy God - Michael Kors - Very Hollywood EDP


Looking back on my "Perfume Loving" history, Michael Kors Very Hollywood should be a scent that I pretty much hate but for some reason I find myself falling deeper and deeper in love with it. 

Floral Perfumes have never really been my thing. I'm more of a "Sweet N Spicy" kind of girl. 

I picked this up on my birthday after I received a Boots voucher from a friend  It was already half price so I picked it up. 



The Notes to this perfume are :

Top - Mandarin Orange, Bergamot and Raspberry
Middle - Orris Root, Gardenia, Ylang Ylang and Jasmine
Base - Amber, Oakmoss and Vetiver


When first applied I really notice the white floral notes; Jasmine and Gardenia as well as the freshness from the Mandarin Orange. 

I think it's the freshness from the fruit and white flowers that allow me to love this perfume. The name fits it well as It's a very glamorous scent. 

It's one I think would be great for special occasions like weddings and parties. 

The lasting power of this perfume is a good three hours on my skin but a lot more when sprayed on clothing. 

In fact what I love to do is spray it on the scatter cushions on my bed and my curtains because it makes my room smell gorgeous for days! 



Packaging wise I think it's stunning, it looks very expensive and chic. Giving an antique vibe. The actual fragrance is a pink colour which just makes it even more pretty. 

I love the way the glass is cut and how stamp-like the lid is. 

The only thing I will warn you about if you're thinking of buying it without trying first, don't be fooled by the fruity top notes. This is very much a Floral perfume. 

I can't find it on the Boot's website at the moment but I would go check in your local store to see if they still have it. 

The Perfume Shop have the 30ml on offer at the moment for £16.99 - Here

You can also find it on Amazon and Ebay :-)

Have you tried Very Hollywood? Love it or hate it?

Linzi xxx




2 comments:

  1. Such a good detailed review. I'm a massive fan also and have used it for around a year.
    I saw that it was on discount in Debenhams, it might still be discounted online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! It's a great perfume :-) Thanks hun, I'll have to take a look :-) xxx

      Delete