Monday 3 February 2014

Updated Perfume Collection Post - 2014


Hullo Ladies!

I do this post around this time every year, firstly because I love talking about perfume and secondly because my collection is constantly changing as I love trying out new scents. 

I keep most of my perfumes in a box by the side of my bed but I also keep a few of my favorites on a mirrored plate as I just think they look amazing center stage on my bookshelf :-) 




Very Wang Princess - I bought this from Amazon last year for a steal. It's still very cheap so if you love this perfume I suggest having a look! I didn't smell this perfume for ages because for some reason I had it in my head that I wouldn't like it much. I love the Night version though so after seeing it for such a great price I decided to take the chance and I'm so glad I did. It's fresh, girly, last ages and every time I get sniff of myself when I wear it I feel beautiful. Some of the notes in the perfume are Vanilla, Dark Chocolate, Guava and Water Lilly. I will be repurchasing this fragrance, I'm already half way though!!! 


Thierry Mugler Alien - I'm smelling this everywhere lately. It's very popular. I picked it up in Bristol Airport for an amazing offer and I'm so glad I did. It an amazing scent and I get lot's of compliments when I wear it. Also a cheesy chat up line that I'm not going to repeat on here for fear you'll nearly throw up just like I nearly did! Anyway back to the perfume. This is probably the longest lasting and most powerful smelling fragrance I own. It last for ever on clothing. The only notes in this fragrance apparently are Jasmine, Amber and Woods. I would repurchase this fragrance. 


Victor & Rolf Flowerbomb EDT - I picked this one up on the plane coming back home from Portugal last year. It's a gorgeous fresher version of the EDP but has the same base. Very sweet and girly. I love it. Some of the notes are Tangerine, Pink Pepper, Patchouli, Freesia, Cashmere Woods and Amber.  I would repurchase this fragrance. 



Dior J'Adore EDP - This years Christmas present and I absolutely love it. It was in my recent Favourites post. It's fresh and womanly. Some of the notes are Mandarin, Pear, Jasmine, Violet and Ceder. I would repurchase this perfume, I can imagine it becoming a staple in my collection. 


Chanel Chance EDT - This was my 21st Birthday present from my Brother. We both smelt it whilst shopping for something for my mam's Birthday months before and he offered to get it for me for my 21st. Of course I spent the rest of the year reminding him about it *lot's of hint's* and he bought it for me! I love this perfume, it's sensual and spicy. Some of the notes are Patchouli, Pink Pepper, Lemon, Pineapple, Iris and Vetiver. I would re-purchase this perfume although I think  I'll try the EDP version next time to see if it last a bit longer. This one has decent lasting power but I expected more from a brand like Chanel. 


Dolce & Gabbana The One Desire - This is my most recent perfume, it's a gorgeous sweet floral that I've just become addicted to since purchasing it. I'm pretty sure this is a limited edition fragrance so I'm going to be gutted when they discontinue it. I do also love the "The One " fragrance so I'll have to get that one next time. The notes in this perfume are Caramel, Tuberose, Litchi, Vanilla and Sandalwood. 



Taylor Swift Wonderstruck  - I bought this from Superdrug for a great price last September. I love it! It's super fruity but also very distinctive and unique. Some of the notes are Raspberry, Vanilla, Peach, Blackberry, Tea and Sandalwood. It's only downside is it's lasting power, so you do have to top up throughout the day. I have the big 100ml bottle so I find this hard to carry around my handbag. I still love it though so I think I would repurchase this but a smaller bottle so I can keep it in my bag for when I reapply. 


Vera Wang Princess Night - I love this scent, just as much as the Original. It was my first Princess perfume. I bought it as a blind buy from TK Maxx over a year ago for a great price. It's very sweet, long lasting and fruity. Some of the notes are Watermelon, Raspberry, Vanilla. woodsy notes and sugar. I would repurchase this perfume.


Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire -  I picked up this EDT in the Boots January sales this month, I've only worn it once so far so I can't give you a good idea on how much I like it yet but I'll do a better review for you all soon. 


Carolina Herrera 212 VIP - This is another one I recently purchased in the sales. Some of the notes are Passionfruit, vanilla and rum. It's a really unique scent.  Yeah get a burst of passion  fruit at the beginning and then you get a sexy rum scent that almost slightly masculine.  I love it though. I suggest you try this one out in store! I would repurchase. 


Diesel Loverdose - I bought this in last year's boxing day sales for a great price and it smells bloody amazing, I just keep forgetting I have it though! I'm gonna start keeping it in my handbag. Some of the notes are Vanilla, Liquorice, Star Anise, Jasmine, Mandarin Orange and Amber. I would repurchase this scent. 



Roberto Cavalli EDP -  This was instant love for me. Sexy. Sexy. Sexy. I remember smelling it when it first came out but it was way to expensive, so I'd try it on every time I went into a perfume store and waited patiently until the gift set went on sale after Christmas. It's a stunning, syrupy scent. The notes are Orange Flower, Tonka Bean, Pink Pepper, Vanilla and Benzoin. I would definitely repurchase. 

Roberto Cavalli Just Cavalli - My Mam bought me this and I think of her when I smell it because I wore it on her birthday and then again when we went on holiday a few months ago. It's gorgeous and I've had many compliments when wearing it. The notes are Tiare Flower, Neroli and Rosewood. If you're a fan of Alien then I highly suggest checking it out. I would repurchase this perfume. 


Nina Ricci L'Elixir - I bought this last Summer. It was a blind buy and although I don't dislike it it's not my favourite. It's just okay for day to day wear. The Notes are Red berries, lemon, jasmine and musk. It's smells like red gummy bears to me :-) I wouldn't repurchase.  

Lancome Tresor Midnight Rose -  Dark Floral Scent, I have to admit I bought this because of the AD. Remember? Emma Watson. Cute guy chasing her, trying to give her back her hat? Have a look here. Anyway back to the perfume. It's very floral and musky and has a strong raspberry note. Although I always thought it was blackberrys. Sadly the fruity note doesn't last that lung and your left with a musky rose scent which isn't my favourite so when I wear it I always need to reapply it. Which then makes me afraid i've used too much. I have received many compliments when wearing it though so it's worth you checking it out. I wouldn't repurchase this scent. 


TBS Shea - Very clean and comforting. Very Unisex. If you like the smell of the body butter, you'll love this. I would repurchase. 
TBS Mango - Oh My God. This is my second bottle. I wish they made it in bigger sizes. I could bathe in this. Smells exactly like the Butter and Scrub. Would repurchase again and again. 
TBS Strawberry - Hmmm. I'm not that much of a fan of it so far. I find it rather musky and it doesn't last long. Don't think I'd repurchase. 
TBS Satsuma - Smells like the Satsuma products, a very citrusy scent. Where the Mango is very sweet this is very refreshing. Don't think I'd repurchase. 


TBS Japanese Cherry Blossom - This is another recent purchase and I haven't worn it a lot to give a good review but i can tell you it's fresh and floral.  The notes are Cherry Blossom, Magnolia and apple. I don't know yet whether I would repurchase or not.

TBS Vanilla - Strong. Very Strong. I find this to much to wear all over but I do like just spritzing my hair with it so that it naturally just wofts around when I move my head. Instead of constanlty being there. It is a nice vanilla scent though if you like vanilla and you can get it really cheap. I picked it up for a few quid in the sale. I would repurchase. 



Marc Jacobs Oh! Lola - This was a Christmas Present the year before last and I'm about half way through it, it's very fresh and bright. A mixture of Fruit and Florals. Some of the notes that stand out to me are Wild Strawberry, Raspberry, Magnolia and Sandalwood.  I like it for the Spring and Summer but I don't think I'd repurchase it as I really want to try some of the other Marc Jacobs perfumes first. 

Michael Kors Very Hollywood - I was given this as a Birthday present from a friend a few years ago and it's lovely. It's floral which is different than what I usually go for but it has a deepness to it due to the notes. Some of the notes are : Mandarin, Bergamot, Ylang Ylang, Jasmine, Vetiver and Amber. My Mam loves this one and keeps sneaking a few spritz every now and then :-)  I would repurchase this perfume. 


Armani Code - This has been a favourite for a long time. It's quite expensive so I do savor my bottle and only wear it when I really want to or one special occasions. It's a strange mixture of mystery and comfort to me. The notes are Italian Orange, Honey, Ginger, vanilla and sandalwood. I would repurchase this. 

Armani Idole d'Armani - This was a surprise find for me, I was in the Boot's store and have a look around there perfumes and noticed this was on clearance at a really great price. This one has very similar notes to Code but smells a lot more fresher and spicy. One note I really pick up on is juicy pear. Smells lovely. I would repurchase but I think they have discontinued this fragrance. Although you can probably find it somewhere online. 

So that's my perfume collection right now!

Thankfully my recent obsession with fragrances seems to have taken a back seat for Blushers, hope it last for some time yet! 

What perfumes are in your collection at the moment? 

Linzi xxx


4 comments:

  1. all so cute I love the bottles ^^

    恵美より ♥
    emi-doll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice perfume collection, Linzi. I love perfume too. I love Vera Wang Night Princess too. Smells good. My new perfume collection is Selena Gomez. Smells unique. You should try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun :-) Vera Wang Princess is a stunning fragrance! Ohh I haven't smelt that one before I'll have to try it next time I'm in a store that sells it :-D

      Delete