Thursday 21 November 2013

The "I LOVE MAKEUP" TAG




Hullo Ladies!

I just saw this tag on a new post from Just Jess  and I thought I'd take part. I loved her answers and you guys should go have a read :-) 


When Did You Begin Loving Makeup?

I've worn makeup on and off for a while now, I think it first started in my early teens when I was becoming more "Alternative" and I used to buy the neon eyeshadows from Stargazer but had no clue what to do with them. I stopped for a time and just applied some foundation and mascara when I was going to a party or something. I really started getting into makeup when I was 18, believe it or not it was QVC that got me interested. Laura Geller, Bobbi Brown, Smashbox. Although I couldn't afford them I loved watching the makeup artists at work creating these gorgeous looks. Then I found the beauty Guru's on Youtube and my addiction kicked in full force!

How Do You Feel Without Makeup?

If I wasn't at home helping to care for my mam I'd probably wear makeup everyday Like I used to but It's just not pratical at the moment, I don'tmind popping to the shop for bread and milk without any on but I wouldn't go out for the whole day without any on. Not just because I feel I look my best when I have mae up on but I actually really love the time I have applying makeup. It's relaxing to me and I love the confidence boost it gives me. 

What Do You Like About Makeup?

Like I just mentioned, It's great at boosting confidence and some of my favourite compliments have been about my make up. Mostly from women obviously, which I think is great because us women know what were talking about when it comes to makeup ;-) I find applying makeup relaxing too, sometimes when on a night out it's the best part of my night! Sad but true :-) 

What Are Your Three Holy Grail Makeup Products?

It's so hard to choose just three as I have many that are my holy grails!


-  Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation -

I've been wearing this one for years now, It's my favourite ever foundation. It's great on my dry skin, has perfect coverage and lasts forever. Sadly It's very expensive so I try and only use it on special occasions so I don't need to buy it constantly. Usually one bottle a year will work.


- Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Liner - 

Another product I've worn for years, it's the longest wearing liner I've ever used and that includes, liquids, pencils, pens and other gels. It looks beautiful on and one little tub has lasted for two years and it's still going strong!! I know some people say how short a gel liners life span can be but I think if you take precautions, like always keeping the lid screwed shut when it's not in use then you can use it for longer. 


- MAC Ruby Woo Lipstick - 

This is a recent edition to my lipstick collection and I really can't understand why I didn't purchase it sooner. It's the most gorgeous matte red I've ever seen. It expensive but worth it. Also if you live in the UK, wait until Debenhams have a 10% off sale :-) It can be quite drying and I've found that it's best to try not apply it too much during the day/night as this makes it worse. There really no need to apply it ever hour on the hour because  It has great lasting power and that really saves your lips :-) 


So there you go! Another lovely TAG done :-) Hope you liked it! 

I TAG everyone who reads this and if you do take part remember to send me the link! I'd love to read your answers :-) 

Hope you all have a great weekend! 

Linzi xxx







4 comments:

  1. Great answers lovely! Love reading these kinds of things! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't have ruby woo but it's on my list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great one to own hun! Hope you get it soon! xxx

      Delete